Scrabble Champions Tournament 2013
This is an index page for unofficial web coverage of the 2013
Scrabble Champions Tournament,
part of the
2013 Prague Mind Sports Festival,
one in a popular series of events organized by
Mind Sports International,
creators of the
Mind Sports Academy.
For official coverage, please see:
For unofficial coverage, please see:
- Playable games (see above for the streamed ones)
- Last Chance Qualifier: registration Tuesday 8:00–8:45, Rounds 1–4 from 9:00–13:00, Rounds 5–8 from 14:00–18:00. Top four players advance to the Invitational; next four get comped Open Passes. 40 players are competing from 15 countries.
- Invitational: 7 games Wednesday, 8 games Thursday-Saturday, starting at 9:00 (including announcements Wednesday). Sunday: Best-of-five semifinals (TSH files) starting at 9:00 (Sammy Okosaga vs. Komol Panyasophonlert, Nigel Richards vs. David Wiegand), best-of-five finals (TSH files) starting at 15:00. Posted now are all currently registered players. Four more will be added at the end of the LCQ. If you thought you were registered and you are not listed, please contact John Chew immediately. All players must appear in person to register and claim name badges Tuesday night between 19:00-20:00. (The following players failed to do so or contact John, and have been removed from the event: Manzoor Ahmed, Thilina Elvitigala, Olatunde Oduwole, Shakir Reshamwala, Phillip Edwin-Mugisha.)
- Open 1 (TSH pages): 6 games Wednesday, 6 games Thursday, 6 games Friday, starting at 12:30 (registration at 12:00). 45 players playing in a 18-round tournament with a prize fund of €24 per Open Pass holder (46 holders total).
- Speed Scrabble (3 minute clocks, third-party scorekeeping) (TSH pages, rules): Wednesday, starting at 19:00. 12-round tournament with a prize fund of €6 per Open Pass holder.
- Duplicate (semi-composed) (TSH pages, Play-through): Thursday, starting at 19:00. 1-round tournament with a prize fund of €6 per Open Pass holder. 22 Players.
- Clabbers (25-minute clocks, 10 point/word penalties) (TSH pages): Thursday, starting at 19:00. 3-round tournament with a prize fund of €6 per Open Pass holder.
- Open 2 (TSH pages): Saturday, starting at TBA. 6-round tournament with a prize fund of €12 per Open Pass holder.
- Norwegian (TSH pages): Saturday. See also the Norwegian Scrabble site.
- German (TSH pages): Saturday-Sunday.
- Stay tuned for links to the following events.
- Polish (TSH pages): Saturday-Sunday.
- Czech (TSH pages): Sunday.
- Open 3 (TSH pages): Saturday, starting at TBA. 6-round tournament with a prize fund of €6 per Open Pass holder.